This is a great way to introduce yourself or your kids to the joys of mu
shrooms. Nothing like a plate of fungi fries to get your mouth watering. Don’t be mistaken, these fries aren’t going to fool anyone as a french fry substitute but the flavor and texture will make them just as craveable!
What you need to do:
- In a large bowl, whisk together the cornstarch, flour, baking powder, turmeric and cumin. Beat in the egg and beer. You want the batter to be thick, but still “dippable”, so add more liquid if needed.
- In a large wok, stockpot, pan or better yet a deep fryer, heat the oil to 325ºF.
- Coat the mushrooms in the batter, dipping and turning them in the bowl. Gently and carefully drop a handful at a time into the hot oil. Fry, flipping occasionally, until the mushroom fries are a deep golden-brown. Around 4-6 minutes total.
- Transfer to a paper towel cover plate to drain and salt, repeat with remainder of mushrooms.
- Move to a large serving plate and sprinkle with herbs.
Recipe Source- Healing Mushrooms by Tero Isokauppila
What you need:
¼ cup cornstarch
¼ cup coconut flour
½ teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon ground turmeric
½ teaspoon ground cumin
1 large egg
¼ cup beer( I prefer an IPA), you can also use a kombucha, or other carbonated beverage
1 cup frying oil
2 cups enoki mushrooms
Salt to your taste
Handful of fresh herbs, chopped (oregano, thyme, dill, etc.-use what you like).