Here’s a Halloween dish that won’t cause cavities and is packed full of the good stuff. It’s a traditional stuffed bell pepper recipe that requires a little handy work and carving.
What You Need To Do:
- Saute garlic and onion in coconut oil on the stovetop over medium high heat. Add in ground turkey and veggies, then stir in sauce and other herbs. Cook until turkey is medium done, meanwhile carving out 4 orange bell peppers.
- Carve jack-o-lantern faces into your bell peppers and save the tops for decoration (optional). Scoop the pepper filling into each carved out pepper. Spoon a tsp parmesan cheese on top of each pepper (optional), then top with its “lid.” Bake at 425-430 degrees for 35 mins.
- Let cool for 5-10 mins, then enjoy!
What You Need:
- 4 bell peppers
- 1/2 lb. ground turkey (optional)
- 1/3 cup chopped zucchini
- 1/4 cup chopped broccoli
- 1/4 cup chopped tomatoes
- 2 cups tomato sauce (sugar free)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 diced onion
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp basil
Servings: 4; Calories (per serving): 189
Protein: 14 g
Recipe Provided by: www.supersisterfitness.com