Good day TQF followers, another amazing and nutritious recipe for you guys to all try. This one is for my shrimp lovers and let’s be honest, who doesn’t like shrimp?! A quick personal tip you have access… Trader Joe’s has a great Argentina Red Shrimp in the frozen section for a decent price and it tastes amazing. Now, let’s get cook’n.
What you need to do:
- In a bowl, mix together shrimps, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, and mixed herbs. Season with salt and pepper and let it marinate while you cook the couscous.
- Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil in a pan over high heat; once hot, toss in bell peppers. Sear for 3-4 minutes, or until the edges are browned.
- Remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, add the shrimps and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring often, until cooked through. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium, and let the pan cool slightly. Add couscous and toast for 1 minute. Season with mixed herbs and add in the minced garlic. Mix well.
- Now pour in the chicken stock, then reduce the heat to a low simmer.
- Cook covered for 6-8 minutes, until most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Add in the chopped tomatoes, cooked shrimps, peppers, lemon juice and zest. Stir well, then cover to cook for another 5 minutes until everything is heated.
- Garnish with basil and serve
What you need:
- 11.5 oz. (330g) shrimps, raw
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. mixed herbs
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup (160g) couscous, uncooked
- 1 1⁄2 tbsp. mixed herbs seasoning
- 1 tbsp. garlic, minced
- 1 cup (240ml) chicken stock, hot
- 1 can (14oz. /400g) chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp. lemon zest
- 1 lemon, juice only
- bunch fresh basil
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 25 mins
Nutrition per serving: