Alright TQF™, here’s is a fun and interesting pancake recipe I found. I haven’t personally tried it yet but I am going to for Sunday Breakfast. I love to explore new foods and new ways to make the classics. So we are going to look a unique twist on the pancake, made with pork rinds?! WHAAAA Let’s dig in.
Let’s Mix It Up
- Place pork rinds in a spice grinder or blender. Grind to a very fine but clumping powder.
- Transfer the ground pork rinds to a small bowl and add the cinnamon and baking powder. Stir to combine.
- In a larger bowl, whisk eggs, coconut milk and stevia. Add the pork rind mixture and stir.
- In a non-stick frying pan, melt ½ tablespoon of coconut oil over med-low heat.
- Preheat your oven to the lowest temperature possible.
- Pour a quarter of the batter into the hot oiled pan and spread the batter evenly into a circle with the back of a spoon. Cook the pancake for 4-5 minutes, until bubbles form all over. Flip and repeat.
- Transfer the complemented pancake to a clean oven-safe plate and place in the preheated oven.
- Add another ½ tablespoon of coconut oil to the pan. The batter may have thickened while sitting. If so, add water, a splash at a time and mix until the batter returns to its original consistency, be careful not to add to much water.
- Follow step 6 with the remaining batter.
- While the last pancake is cooking, prepare the sauce: Melt the 2 tablespoons of coconut oil and put it in a small bowl along with the almond butter. Stir to combine.
Prep Time: 10min
Cook Time: 40min
Makes: 4 cakes(2 servings)
Nutrition Info: This is a Keto Dish
Calories: 885 Protein: 52g Carbohydrates: 8g Fat: 71g Sugar: 2g
2.8 ounces unseasoned pork rinds.
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, plus more for garnish.
½ teaspoon baking powder.
4 large eggs
½ cup full-fat coconut milk.
¼ scant teaspoon liquid stevia.
2 tablespoon oil, divided for the pan.
2 tablespoon coconut oil.
2 tablespoons unsweetened smooth almond butter.