Try this high protein mix! just the perfect taste for a summer picnic. It’s cool, refreshing and zesty flavor will make you crave sunshine and a cool breeze. Great for parties too!
- In a medium bowl, add the tuna, celery, roasted red pepper, artichokes, red onion, parsley, basil and capers. Drizzle with lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Gently toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toast your bread and then pile the tuna salad on top of each piece of toast. Serve immediately.
- 1 1⁄2 cans tuna in brine (5.2oz./150g)
- 1 stalk celery
- 1⁄4 cup (40g) roasted red peppers, chopped
- 1⁄2 can (7 oz./200g)artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1⁄2 red onion, diced
- 4 tbsp. parsley, chopped
- 4 tbsp. basil leaves, chopped
- 2 tbsp. capers, drained
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 tsp. sea salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. black pepper
- 2 slices whole grain bread
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 0 mins
Nutrition per serving: