Are you wanting to travel the world and taste the amazing cuisines it has to offer? Well, then here’s a Mediterranean twist you can try out in your own kitchen. The flavor and zest in this dish will have you feeling like you are on the beaches of Mykonos, Greece with a delightful glass of Pinot Noir or Mythos Beer. This one takes some time to prep and cook, but it’s worth the wait.
- Heat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Season the salmon filets with salt and pepper, mixed herbs and lemon zest, then rub it with the olive oil.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive on a large pan over high heat. Once hot, place the salmon fillets skin up and sear for 3 minutes, then remove and set aside. Reduce the heat to medium.
- Once the pan has cooled down, add the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil, onion, garlic, and the capers. Cook for 2–3 minutes until they are caramelized and slightly browned.
- Add in the chopped tomatoes, chicken stock, and tomato paste. Bring the sauce to a simmer. Add the remaining ingredients, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir well and cook for 8–10 minutes, until the sauce has reduced.
- Transfer the sauce into a baking dish and place the salmon fillets in the tomato sauce. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve.
Serving suggestions: side salad, potatoes, pasta
For the salmon:
- 4 salmon fillets (4.5 oz./130g each)
- 1 tbsp. mixed herbs
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 1 tsp. olive oil
For the sauce:
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 14 oz. (400g) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. capers
- 1⁄2 cup (120ml) chicken stock
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste
- 2 tsp. lemon zest
- 2 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. thyme
- fresh parsley, chopped
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 25 mins
Nutrition per serving: