Here’s a fun Plant Based recipe to try. Now you may be thinking “ weird Tofu”! I don’t want to try that. But take it from me, a guy who loves steaks and bacon! When tofu is cooked right it is quite the delicious meat alternative packed full of protein and flavorful when cooked with the right seasoning.
What you need to do:
- Drain the tofu, wrap in a kitchen towel and press gently to remove excess water. Unwrap, pat dry and slice into cubes.
- Heat sesame oil in a large pan set over medium-high heat. Add the tofu to the pan and let cook for a minute, before turning over. Cook until lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Add the green beans and chili flakes, frequently
- Stirring for about 3-4 minutes, until the beans are crisp-tender.
- In a cup, stir the tamari, vinegar and honey; then drizzle over the tofu and beans. Stir and toss to coat, then transfer to serving bowls. Sprinkle with peanuts to serve.
What you need:
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- 9.8 oz. (280g) tofu
- 1 1⁄2 cups (220g) green beans, halved
- 1⁄2 tsp. chili flakes
- 1 tbsp. tamari
- 1 tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1⁄4 cup (30g) roasted peanuts, chopped
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 7 mins
Nutrition per serving: