Cod is by far one of my favorite proteins of the sea and this recipe gives it a nice crunch. With the garlic and oregano aroma that will fill the kitchen you’ll have the whole house excited to sit down and enjoy great mouth feels of savory, smooth and crisp!
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO
- Cook potatoes according to instructions on packaging.
- Rinse the fish and pat dry. Drizzle with lemon, then season with salt, black ground pepper, and 1 clove minced garlic. Sprinkle spices; paprika, oregano, and turmeric), then coat in 2 tablespoons of flour.
- Prepare the spinach layer. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a frying pan. Add a second garlic clove and fry for 2-3 minutes until fragrant. Add the spinach and stir for about 4-5 minutes until wilted.
- Next, add the milk, season with salt and pepper, then heat for 2-3 minutes. Add half a tablespoon of flour and mix well.
- In a small bowl, mix the bread crumbs, parmesan, and 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Arrange the fish on a baking tray greased with a little olive oil. Top the fish with a layer of spinach and sprinkle with breadcrumb mix.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. Serve with baby potatoes.
WHAT YOU NEED
1 lb. (450g) baby potatoes
2 cod fillets (8 oz./230g each)
1⁄2 lemon, juiced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp. paprika
1 tsp. oregano
1 tsp. turmeric
2 + 1⁄2 tbsp. all-purpose gluten-free flour
1 cup (150g) frozen spinach
4 tbsp. unsweetened almond milk
1⁄2 cup (45g) bread crumbs
1⁄4 cup (25g) Parmigiano Reggiano