Getting zesty today. Have you heard of aubergine? I’m sure you have or at least by it’s more common name, eggplant. Eggplants are great flavor collectors and absorb all the seasoning and spices in a dish. This recipe is packed full of flavor and each bite will send your mouth on a wild rollercoaster ride of delight. Plus the aroma this one creates while cooking will have the family salivating before it even hits the table.
Here’s What You’re Do:
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large pot, add in the onions, and sauté for 2–3 minutes. Then add in the aubergine and peppers. Fry, stirring every now and then, for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add in the remaining tablespoon of oil into the same pot, and fry the chicken until browned and cooked through, for about 8 minutes.
- Next, add in the garlic and cooked vegetables. Season with salt, pepper, oregano, and hot paprika.
- Pour in hot chicken stock, and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes. In the end, add the chopped cherry tomatoes and tomato paste.
- Add the flour directly through a sieve. Mix well and cook for another 1-2 minutes, until the sauce thickens. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve.
Here’s What You Need:
- 14 oz. (400g) chicken breast,chopped
- 1 aubergine(eggplant), chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, halved and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1⁄2 tsp. dried oregano
- chili flakes or powder, to taste
- 1 cup (240ml) chicken stock
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- 2 tbsp. parsley, chopped
- 1 cup (150g) cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp. wheat flour