Who doesn’t love a sweet treat? Oat cookies are by far one of my favorites, so here a fun recipe to try to turn an old school grandma’s recipe book favorite into a unique new treat to add to your cookbook.
- Heat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a bowl, mash the bananas with a fork. Mix in the peanut butter and vanilla extract. Add all the remaining ingredients (apart from walnuts and carrot) and mix well.
- Fold in the walnuts and grated carrot, and mix them using your hands.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and divide the batter into around 12 balls. Place them on the baking tray and lightly flatten them with a fork to shape the cookies.
- Bake for 12–15 minutes, until the outside is golden brown.
Allow to cool before enjoying.
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 15 mins
Nutrition per serving:
- 2 bananas, ripe
- 1⁄2 cup (120g) peanut butter
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 5 tbsp. coconut sugar
- 2 3⁄4 cups (250g) rolled oats
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ground cardamom
- 1⁄4 cup (25g) walnuts, crushed
- 1⁄2 large carrot, grated