Are you ready for this savory easy to make delicious breakfast muffin? That’s right you heard me muffin. Today’s recipe is a Bacon ‘n’ Cheddar Oat Muffin. You can easily make a full tray of these. They are great for a Grab ‘n’ Go breakfast quickie.
Time to COOK!
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray
- Set a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and spray it with olive oil spray. Cook the bacon until crispy, about 3 minutes on each side. Place the bacon on a paper towel and allow it to cool. Chop the bacon into small pieces.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oat flour, baking powder, salt, pepper, and sage.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, eggs whites, almond milk, and olive oil.
- Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix together using a spatula.
- Fold in the remaining ingredients. The batter should be thick and lumpy.
- Evenly divide the batter among the prepared muffin molds.
- Bake in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean when you pierce a muffin. Allow the muffins to cool slightly before removing them from the muffin pan. Store in an airtight container or resealable bag in the fridge for up to 4 days or the freezer for 1 month. To reheat defrost in the fridge overnight to make reheating easier.
Total Time: 45min
Makes 12 Servings:
Serving Size: 1 Muffin
Olive oil spray 8 slices uncured turkey bacon
2 cups oat flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon sea salt
Pinch of black pepper
2 teaspoons dried sage
1 egg white
1 ¼ cups unsweetened almond milk
2 tablespoons olive or coconut oil
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
½ red bell peppers, seeded and diced
1 cup chopped spinach
½ jalapeno, chopped
Prep time should be about 15 minutes.