Skip the Take Out & Try This: Beef & Broccoli Bowl
Tired of spending the money on order Chinese or is your favorite buffet closed down or just hard to get to due to Covid-19 regulations?! Well, save the time and the wallet and make one of everyone’s favorites right at home… with plenty of left over to enjoy!
Let’s Get Cookin’
- Slice the steak into ¼ inch-thick pieces about 2 inches in length.
- To make the sauce, mix together the soy sauce, ginger, stock, arrowroot and sugar. Set aside.
- Set a large nonstick skillet over medium heat and add the olive oil. Once oil is warm, add the garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes, being careful not to burn the garlic.
- Increase the heat to medium-high and add pieces of sirloin. Cook for 3-4 minutes. Until the outer edges of the steak are seared.
- Reduce the heat to medium, then pour in the sauce. Stir immediately so the sauce does not clump, then add the broccoli florets.
- Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes, then remove the skillet from the heat and allow the residual heat to cook everything through for about 4 minutes. Garnish with green onions and lime wedges just before serving.
Optional (Macros not included): Add white rice to the mix!
Prep Time: 5min Cook Time: 15min Makes: 5 servings
Serving Size: ⅕ of recipe Calories: 263 Protein: 21g Carbs: 15g Fat: 14g
1 pound boneless sirloin or lean flank steak, sliced into thin strips.
For the Sauce:
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon peeled and minced ginger
- ½ cup low-sodium beef stock
- 1 ½ tablespoon arrowroot powder
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 ½ tablespoon garlic(or more if you love garlic like I do)
- 4 cups broccoli
Sliced green onions, lime wedge